Josh Pitts is a canine lifestyle coach and the founder of Clicker Plus, currently at work on bringing the new Clicker Ring training tool to market.
Josh has over 10 years of experience helping people learn to speak dog and create a bond with their furry friends that will last a lifetime.
He resides in his hometown of Chico, California, with his two American Staffordshire Terriers, Kane and Puppy.
Only humane, force-free principles are required to get your dog to listen. We do not use or promote any methods or devices that hurt, intimidate, scare or otherwise cause unwanted behavior. Including, but not limited to, aversion methods and equipment such as prong collars, pinch collars, shock collars or choke chains.
Training should be fun for you and your dog, right?!
- Psychology (BA) and Entrepreneurship – CSU Chico (2015)
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed – Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (2011-2014)
- Certified Dog Walker – Dog*Tec (2011)
- Certified Dog Trainer – Animal Behavior College (2007)
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers (2007-2016)
- Blog Paws Pet Blogger (2015)
- Family Paws Parent Education (2011-2014)
- Pet Professional Guild
- Karen Pryor Clicker Training, Clicker Expo (Long Beach, Reno)
- APDT Conference (Dallas)
- Animal Training
- Business Development
- Data Interpretation
- Email Marketing
- HTML and CSS
- Idea Generation
- Lead Generation
- Pay Per Click
- Photo Editing
- Public Speaking
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Automation
- Social Media Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Editing
- WordPress Web Design
- Clicker Plus – Chico, CA (2015-Present)
- Dog Guy Josh – Chico, CA (2006-Present)
- Lean Launch University – Chico, CA (2014-2016)
- Chico Moving Services – Chico, CA (2005-2011)
- U.S. Army – Fort Bragg, NC (2002-2005)
In addition to my formal history, I’ve also consulted on a number of startups. Most notably, Pocket Points, where I help formulate and influence their business model and customer acquisition strategy in the early stages.
My first jobs were newspaper delivery, residential construction and Baskin-Robbins. I’ve been a server, bartender, sandwich maker, chef, card dealer, paratrooper and weapons armorer, too.
- Honorable Discharge
- MOS: 92Y-P
- Rank: E-4P
- Unit: 96th Civil Affairs BN Airborne
- Position: Airborne quartermaster and armorer for company and battalion levels.
Responsible for maintaining accountability of the Army’s largest battalion size arms room, as well as millions of dollars in sensitize equipment.
Attended Gryphon Group
Attended Combat LINES Training