Hi, I’m Josh. Nice to meet you!
Does any of this sound familiar?
- You love your dog, but you don’t know what to do when they start acting up. You sometimes feel kind of guilty about it.
- You are a busy person. Maybe you can’t commit to training due to scheduling conflicts.
- You tried the group class thing and didn’t get the results you wanted.
- You are the do-it-yourself type. You are eager to learn and absorb information like a sponge.
- You are completely overwhelmed with your dog and wish you knew how and what to prioritize to reduce personal stress.
If it does, then you already know how tough it can be trying to get practical advice and support that leads to results.
These days, training your dog is a must, but going to group classes can be inconvenient and incomplete. Luckily, by pure chance or divine intervention, you found me!
Imagine a dog that…
- Sits automatically — instead of jumping on you and mauling your guests at the door!
- Comes when you call — instead of taking their time or ignoring you!
- Walks nicely on leash — instead of dragging you all over the place or barking and lunging at other dogs!
After 10 years of dog training, a psychology degree, and hundreds of dogs and clients later, I’m more behavior consultant than dog trainer.
I can teach you proven methods to get better results (i.e. good behavior) at your own pace. My goal is to help you get where you want to be, understand why your dog behaves the way it does and show you how to modify the way you and your dog think, learn and communicate together.
I’ve had dogs my entire life. But when I left the Army in 2006, I got my first dog to help transition back to civilian life. On our very first walk, before I even made it one block, a lady crossed the street in fear of his breed. I was shocked! I had no idea that pit bull stigmas existed. From then on, I was determined to have a well behaved dog. It was these types of experiences more than ten years ago that led me to become a professional dog trainer, continue my education and turn my passion into a business that would help others for years to come.
Here is a just a very small taste of what I can do for you:
- Teach you how dog training works and quickest ways to get reliable results, without costly mistakes
- Help alleviate stressful problems in your life and head in a better direction
- Business consulting for aspiring trainers, walkers and sitters
Ready to improve your dog life?
Want to know more about me?
Here’s my boring, 3rd person bio:
Josh is a professional canine coach with over 10 years of experience in the pet industry as a business owner and consultant for dog training, pet sitting and dog walking, currently at work on bringing the new Clicker Ring training tool to market.
Josh is proud to be a US Army veteran and currently resides in his hometown of Chico, California, with his two American Staffordshire Terriers, Kane and Puppy.
- Psychology (Bachelor of Arts) and Entrepreneurship – CSU Chico (2015)
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed – Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (2011-2014)
- Certified Dog Walker – Dog*Tec (2011)
- Certified Cadaver Dog Search – Andy Rebmann (2008)
- Certified Dog Trainer – Animal Behavior College (2007)
- Advanced Obedience
- Basic Obedience
- Behavior Consulting (Applied Behavior Analysis)
- Bite Prevention (Prenatal, Infant, Toddler and K-12)
- Canine Body Language
- Clicker Training
- Detection (Nosework)
- Loose Leash Dog Walking
- Household Manners
- Off Leash Trail Manners
- Pet Selection Counseling
- Public Etiquette
- Reactive Dog Desensitization and Management (barking, chasing or lunging at people or other animals)
- Shy or Fearful Dog Enrichment
- Socialization Strategies
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers (2007-2016)
- Blog Paws Pet Blogger (2015)
- Family Paws Parent Education (2011-2014)
- Pet Professional Guild
- Karen Pryor Clicker Training, Clicker Expo (Long Beach, Reno)
- APDT Conference (Dallas, Las Vegas)
- Animal Training
- Business Development
- Customer Service
- Data Interpretation
- Digital Marketing
- Direct Sales
- Email Marketing
- HTML and CSS
- Idea Generation
- Lead Generation
- Pay Per Click
- Photo Editing
- Public Speaking
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Automation
- Social Media Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Editing
- WordPress Web Design and Site Management
- Clicker Plus – Chico, CA (2015-Present)
- Dog Guy Josh – Chico, CA (2006-Present)
- Lean Launch University – Chico, CA (2014-2016)
- Chico Moving Services – Chico, CA (2005-2011)
- U.S. Army – Fort Bragg, NC (2002-2005)
In addition to my formal history, I’ve also consulted on a number of startups. Most notably, Pocket Points, where I help formulate and influence their business model and customer acquisition strategy in the early stages.
My first jobs were newspaper delivery, residential construction and Baskin-Robbins. I’ve been a server, bartender, sandwich maker, chef, card dealer, paratrooper and weapons armorer, too.
- Honorable Discharge
- MOS: 92Y-P
- Rank: E-4P
- Unit: 96th Civil Affairs BN Airborne
- Position: Airborne quartermaster and armorer for company and battalion levels.
Responsible for maintaining accountability of the Army’s largest battalion size arms room, as well as millions of dollars in sensitize equipment. As an E-4, I served in the S-4 office in an E-7 position.
Attended Gryphon Group
Attended Combat LINES Training